Jan 22, 2011

Homeschool thoughts

I am already thinking ahead to next year and how I want to proceed with our curriculum. Throughout my research I have decided that for the upcoming years, I want to move to a more Waldorf-style approach to education. I was reading about Oak Meadow and I am pretty impressed with it. It is not as inexpensive as what we used this year, but with some planning I should be able to put the money aside for it. And the preschool program is really inexpensive so I will definitely be able to get that for Princess Magpie is ready.

What are your thoughts? Do you know of any other Waldorf Inspired programs? Do you like them?

Edited to add: Princess Belle just does so much better with a creative approach to learning. Right now, she is going through a book that she got for Christmas filling in the blanks to create a new story. She is coming up to me and verifying that she has the correct type of word (noun, verb, adjective, plural). She is doing language arts and has no idea). She thrives in creativity, and that type of approach to learning.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've never heard of Waldorf, so I can't really help... Sorry!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter