May 19, 2008

Our NOT Fun Adventure

Princess was in her room and we thought that she was settling down for the night. But, little did we know she was actually preparing to scare the life out of us and lead us into a 4 hour adventure at the Children's Hospital ER.

Princess decided that taking her mattress off her bed and using it as a sliding trampoline was a good idea. However when she moved the mattress, a spring in the mattress below it, cut her leg wide open. It bled horribly and it was a deep gash. So off to the hospital we went. The 4 hours getting it taken care of was bad enough but the worst thing in the world was Daddy holding her leg and me holding my girls head in my arms and trying to calm her while she screamed hysterically. They were putting 7 stitches in her leg and she was terrified, hysterical, and screaming and it was all I could do not to cry along with her. But Daddy and Mommy both knew that no matter how much we wanted to cry, we had to be strong for her. Once they were done, she was suddenly calm and fine and sucking on the popsicle they gave her. Daddy however took a shaky breath and looked shell-shocked, like he had just come home from battle and I certainly felt that way too.

I hope I never have to go through anything like that again.

No comments:

Twitter