Oct 20, 2007

Cell Phone Adventures

cell phone


Prince Charming had a surprise for me today. He took me to the store, that little boy light in his eyes that says he has a secret he can't wait to share with me. He goes in the store and as pre-arranged, he walks straight to the ones he had already chosen and picked them up. It was a 2 for one sale and with the phones being only $20 it was well worth it.

So, he hands me the phone and he opens it up, points to the screen and says, that way you will know yours from mine. I look at my phone and there is a picture there. Is it a picture of my loving Prince Charming? No. Is it a picture of my beautiful Princess? No. Is it a picture of anyone I know at all? No. My lovely new phone has a picture set as it's wallpaper and it is of . . . . wait for it . . . . you will never guess . . . . I swear you won't . . . . its a picture of . . . . the guy who sold us the phone! There saved for prosperity is the grinning face of the poor guy subjected to Prince Charmings silliness. LOL.

So, Prince Charming hands me the phone and I look at it for a second. I have seen phones before and I foolishly think that having used many cell phones before means that I can of course use this little bit of machinary sitting in my pocket.

Later, as Prince Charming and Princess decide to head on home and let me get groceries by myself (trust me it's cheaper that way) I confidently leave with my phone in my pocket completely unaware of how to actually use this thing. After they are gone, I decide to give him a call and find out how much money is in the bank as I am a very careful budgetter and we have been out shopping. I open my phone and suddenly realize I have no idea how to use this phone. I punch in the number and then blindly start pushing buttons hoping one of them will dial the darned thing. All sorts of things start flashing on the screen and suddenly I am in the picture section and sending multiple copies of the smiling face of our salesman to Prince Charming, but I have not yet managed to dial the phone. I press the button and I am suddenly getting ready to take a pic. I don't know how I got there and I am not sure how to get out of it. Like the thing is possessed, I close it up and hope that it will make all these crazy things go away off the screen. I open it slowly, peaking inside and YES!!! The crazy things have gone away. Now to figure out how to dial the phone. I push the down button and I see his name! YES YES!! Prince Charming has programmed his phone into mine! Woohoo! I can't dial anyone else, but I can phone him! I call and ask him to call me with the budget after he has it.

So there I am wondering around the grocery store, picking things out and carefully deciding which ones I should get when, the phone rings. I pick it up and open it up and realize that I have no idea how to answer this darned thing. I madly stab at the buttons, picking it up and saying, "hello? Hello?" And then it is stopped ringing and I missed the call.

Who can't use a phone??? I have been using phones for years, I had sillily enough thought that at least this one piece of equipment I could manage. I can use HTML, I can tell people about their cars, BUT I can't use a PHONE??? OKAY, hand my moron sign, I am an official member of the stupid school.

(PS, I can now use my phone, change the ring tone, and play wheel of fortune, but for GODS SAKE, DON'T ASK ME TO TEXT YOU!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rofl I could totally relate to that. With every new cell phone comes a host of new problems and features. They all take time to learn and you had me laughing my rear off at this image of you in the store!

Too funny!
Glad you can use it now. :) Hey, wanna text me? ;)

Ter said...

hehehe

(I need a cell phone, and I don't even know what to ask when I go to the store. I look around and look like an idiot so I leave. My hubby's no help, he knows nothing about technology being the geezer that he is (at only 36 yrs of age!) )

Anonymous said...

Haha! Technology can be our best friend and our worst enemy!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Cory said...

That is hilarous! Don't feel bad though, I still can't do everything on my phone. It took me 10 minutes to get my headset to connect to it today. You don't want to know how long it took me to figure out how to view missed calls. (And it has a pop-up screen for those!) They are all different. Glad you have it figured out now.

Twitter