Oct 7, 2007

Balancing Act


As the weekend fades away into the sunset, I look at the list of things I accomplished and the list of things I have yet to get done and I wonder how working mothers ever manage to do this. I got my halloween shopping done, I got groceries, I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner a day early, I got Princess's room cleaned up, that is all good. But I didn't get the laundry done, I didn't get the floor washed, I didn't get the living room as tidy as I would like it and my bedroom is a disaster.

I look at the time I spent with Princess, cooking and giggling and having fun and I wish I could do that every day. I had so much making dinner with her buzzing around me, little fingers dipping into everything she could reach, questions flying as she "helps" mommy make dinner and while I smile at the thought, I kind of wish I could do that every day. I like that stuff. I like being her mommy. I love the kid that she is.

I love that my little picky eater at so much of the supper she helped prepare, that her belly "was heavy" and she had to lie down.

This whole working mommy gig is hard, I wonder will I ever reach a balance that works for me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya girlfriend!
*sigh* It's back to the grindstone next week...

Twitter