Aug 18, 2007

Finally Fun time



The weekend is finally here! I am so happy that I get to spend some time at home. How do working moms set their priorities? How do you balance your desire to just sit and cuddle your little girl on the couch with your desire to get all the stuff done that you didn't get done all week?

And while we are at it, how do you keep your house clean all week? I was lucky this week, my best friend was here and she helped me out. But she is leaving and then I have to do it myself. How do you do that? As a mom you have a long list of to-do's: laundry, cooking, dishes, floors, changing sheets, cleaning Princess's always a disaster room. How do I add work into that mix? Anyone got any ideas?

Princess was so sweet Thursday, she as sitting on the couch looking at me and she said, "Mommy when I grow up, I want to marry you." And when I asked her about her daddy she thought for a moment and then said, "Well, I can marry you, you can marry daddy and Aunt Lori can marry you." I smiled and said that sounded like a wonderful idea. I would be sure to get lots of cuddles that way.

Here is a Layout I did about my best friend and her relationship with my daughter:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the weekends. How's work been going?

Going back to work as much as my husband would like me to stay home, I have this inevitable feeling that I will be going back to work before the end of the year.

I hope not, because I can only imagine how things are going to get done around here. Being a SAHM is a full time job. When I did work full time, it seemed like I was always on the go cleaning, errands, taking the kids to school, and work. There was no time to relax.

Hoping you are finding some relaxing time this weekend.

Have a great weekend

Cheryl said...

We don't get it all done. I fail miserably. I've learned to say that a dusty shelf or a dirty toilet is not as important as time with my boys. We do keep everything picked up and in it's place and the dishes washed, otherwise I would go crazy, but the less noticed things...they get done less often.

Fantastagirl said...

I don't get it all done. Plain and simple. I say I'm a success as a parent, not because of how clean my house is, but because my kids know they are loved, they know that snuggling them, is more important than fingerprints on the windows, the layer of dust on the shelves, etc.

Granted Saturday mornings can be a mad house, as I try to get caught up - but the remainder of the weekend is not spent cleaning...we work together to get it done.

Twitter