Sep 26, 2010

I think they are trying to drive me crazy

My children have decided that when you are a good mommy, you don't need to sleep EVERY night, every other night should do just fine. And so for the last week I average something near a full nights sleep followed directly by a night with somewhere between 2 and 5 hours sleep (Yes I had a night with TWO HOURS sleep!). And tonight, Princess Snifflefritz has decided she is allergic to sleep and my every attempt to put her to bed is met with screaming rages that leave the neighbours wondering what horrible atrocities are happening in here.

And then an exhausted, sick, sleep-deprived mommy is required to get up before the sun to greet the day and the children with smiles, hugs, and songs. I am left to try to come up with creative solutions when Princess Belle looks at me explaining such an abstract idea as rounding. As I talk, her eyes glaze over and she looks for all the world like she is watching pretty little birdies fly through the air as some strange language comes out of my mouth. Now since I had all this not sleeping time on my hands tonight, I did come up with a solution to help her visualize rounding and how it works. So my time wasn't wasted. My idea to help her understand alphabetizing was a huge success. (As a child with high-functioning Autism, she is very visual and has issues with abstract ideas, so sometimes I have to be creative and think outside the box to help her get it.)

Sorry, I have no idea what I am saying here, it is late, I am tired and there is no end to my night in sight.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope you get some sleep tonight!!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter