Sep 24, 2010

I have a secret

I have a little secret. And if you promise keep between you and me (and the hundreds of readers I have here LOL) , I will confess. Now that I am making this house mine, now that I am changing things, and reworking things, I am starting to fall in love with my home. I sit in my living room with all that light shining in all those lovely large windows and watch as the changing leaves turning to red slowly creeps across the Maple tree right outside my window. I watch the birds and squirrels outside my kitchen window. I am excited as Princess Snifflefritz's room comes together. I am excited by the plans I have for Princess Belle's room. It is starting to feel like a place that I am really starting to make mine.

After all that time I spent hating this house, it only took a pro-active approach and a little action to fix the problems in my house and turn it into my home.

Here are some pics I took the day I moved in and a pic of Princess Belle on the walkway up to our door.



3 comments:

Amy Baker said...

What a great secret. :)

I don't like to quote Oprah much, but I do agree with something she always says: "Your home should rise up to meet you." It should give you joy and pride and comfort. I'm glad yours is doing that for you. Life is too short to live otherwise.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Heyyyy... that looks good!

Julie said...

It does look like a cute house! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter