- I have Halloween on my mind today. I am thinking about decorations, goodies, traditions, and all that kind of stuff. What are your traditions? Do you decorate? What are you giving out this year? I found some great Halloween ideas, I figured I would share here with you.
- Serve your Halloween punch or spiced apple cider from a large hollowed-out pumpkin. Use a large ladle to serve in orange cups. Or, serve fresh veggies using a hollowed out pumpkin as a bowl. Cut of the top and clean out, leaving the top in a jagged edge design! Use mini pumpkins to hold dips!
- Use clear food handlers plastic gloves to freeze ice hands to throw in the punch bowl. It will keep it cold and look great! Take lots of Halloween photos of your guests. If you have a party, leave disposable cameras around so everyone can catch candid shots!
- I found Wanda's Halloween Cookbook which is bound to have some great ideas as well. I love finding new cookbooks and recipes!Halloween Party Pops Recipe
Halloween Cereal Balls
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg. (10 oz.) marshmallows
2 Tablespoons orange-flavored gelatin
6 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup candy corn
Combine softened butter and marshmallows in 2-quart glass bowl and cook on high in microwave, uncovered, for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or when marshmallows are puffy.Add the orange gelatin and mix well. Stir in cereal and add candy corn. When the mixture is cool enough to touch, butter your hands and form the mixture into balls. Sit them to cool on wax paper and then wrap in plastic wrap. Instead of making them in to balls, you can also press the mixture in to a 13x9 pan and serve.
Tie or sew glow-sticks to your child's costume so they can be seen more easily in the dark. You can also use reflective tape. Halloween style flashlights make a great addition to your child's costume and can add extra safety to a dark night, helping to make your child more visible while trick or treating. You can find ghosts, skulls and many more designs at low prices. Be sure to use long lasting batteries.
- And a Sunday funny to keep you smiling:
Male vs Female Definitions
1. THINGY (thing-ee) n.
Female...... Any part under a car's hood.
Male..... The strap fastener on a woman's bra.
2. VULNERABLE (vul-ne-ra-bel) adj.
Female.... Fully opening up one's self emotionally to another.
Male.... Playing football without a cup.
3. COMMUNICATION (ko-myoo-ni-kay-shon) n.
Female.. The open sharing of thoughts and feelings with one's partner.
Male... Leaving a note before taking off on a fishing trip with the
4. COMMITMENT (ko-mit-ment) n.
Female.... A desire to get married and raise a family.
Male...... Trying not to hit on other women while out with this one.
5. ENTERTAINMENT (en-ter-tayn-ment) n.
Female.... A good movie, concert, play or book.
Male...... Anything that can be done while drinking beer.
6. FLATULENCE (flach-u-lens) n.
Female.... An embarrassing byproduct of indigestion.
Male..... A source of entertainment, self-_expression, male bonding.
7 MAKING LOVE (may-king luv) n.
Female..... The greatest _expression of intimacy a couple can achieve.
Male.. Call it whatever you want, just as long as we do it.
8. REMOTE CONTROL (ri-moht kon-trohl) n.
Female.... A device for changing from one TV channel to another.
Male... A device for scanning through all 375 channels every 5 minutes.
Oct 15, 2006