Oct 15, 2006

Sunday Seven


  1. I have Halloween on my mind today. I am thinking about decorations, goodies, traditions, and all that kind of stuff. What are your traditions? Do you decorate? What are you giving out this year? I found some great Halloween ideas, I figured I would share here with you.
  2. Serve your Halloween punch or spiced apple cider from a large hollowed-out pumpkin. Use a large ladle to serve in orange cups. Or, serve fresh veggies using a hollowed out pumpkin as a bowl. Cut of the top and clean out, leaving the top in a jagged edge design! Use mini pumpkins to hold dips!
  3. Use clear food handlers plastic gloves to freeze ice hands to throw in the punch bowl. It will keep it cold and look great! Take lots of Halloween photos of your guests. If you have a party, leave disposable cameras around so everyone can catch candid shots!
  4. I found Wanda's Halloween Cookbook which is bound to have some great ideas as well. I love finding new cookbooks and recipes!

    Halloween Party Pops Recipe

  5. Halloween Cereal Balls
    Ingredients:
    1/4 cup butter
    1 pkg. (10 oz.) marshmallows
    2 Tablespoons orange-flavored gelatin
    6 cups crisp rice cereal
    1/2 cup candy corn

    Directions:
    Combine softened butter and marshmallows in 2-quart glass bowl and cook on high in microwave, uncovered, for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or when marshmallows are puffy.Add the orange gelatin and mix well. Stir in cereal and add candy corn. When the mixture is cool enough to touch, butter your hands and form the mixture into balls. Sit them to cool on wax paper and then wrap in plastic wrap. Instead of making them in to balls, you can also press the mixture in to a 13x9 pan and serve.

  6. Tie or sew glow-sticks to your child's costume so they can be seen more easily in the dark. You can also use reflective tape. Halloween style flashlights make a great addition to your child's costume and can add extra safety to a dark night, helping to make your child more visible while trick or treating. You can find ghosts, skulls and many more designs at low prices. Be sure to use long lasting batteries.

  7. And a Sunday funny to keep you smiling:

    Male vs Female Definitions

    1. THINGY (thing-ee) n.
    Female...... Any part under a car's hood.
    Male..... The strap fastener on a woman's bra.

    2. VULNERABLE (vul-ne-ra-bel) adj.
    Female.... Fully opening up one's self emotionally to another.
    Male.... Playing football without a cup.

    3. COMMUNICATION (ko-myoo-ni-kay-shon) n.
    Female.. The open sharing of thoughts and feelings with one's partner.
    Male... Leaving a note before taking off on a fishing trip with the
    boys.

    4. COMMITMENT (ko-mit-ment) n.
    Female.... A desire to get married and raise a family.
    Male...... Trying not to hit on other women while out with this one.

    5. ENTERTAINMENT (en-ter-tayn-ment) n.
    Female.... A good movie, concert, play or book.
    Male...... Anything that can be done while drinking beer.

    6. FLATULENCE (flach-u-lens) n.
    Female.... An embarrassing byproduct of indigestion.
    Male..... A source of entertainment, self-_expression, male bonding.

    7 MAKING LOVE (may-king luv) n.
    Female..... The greatest _expression of intimacy a couple can achieve.
    Male.. Call it whatever you want, just as long as we do it.

    8. REMOTE CONTROL (ri-moht kon-trohl) n.
    Female.... A device for changing from one TV channel to another.
    Male... A device for scanning through all 375 channels every 5 minutes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello TC thanks for stopping by my blog..Not much blog hopping going on today..course it is Sunday and to be expected I guess. I should get busy and figure out my Monday Memories. We have had a busy day today but a good one and with gorgeous weather I might add. take care and enjoy the rest of this day..Sandy

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds fabulous and lots of fun. Katie would love making these with me in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I think that is on everyone's mind right now. Those are some wonderful tips you've shared. I am already planning to include apples in my halloween bags. But, then again, I'm only doing bags for 4 kids, and one of those is a baby.

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween...and in fact, it's my favorite holiday! Every year my family dresses up (yes, all of us!) and heads over to my parents house where my mom will have chili, potato soup, and hotdogs to eat. We will enjoy the good food before heading out to the neighborhood to get some candy for my son. It's one of my favorite traditions!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Sunday chuckles! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the snack tips. Girlie Girl is having a Halloween party at school and those sound like a great idea!

Twitter