Oct 18, 2006

Not Quite Wordless Wednesday




I just saw the most amazing, touching, sweet, sad commercial I have ever seen. I have no affiliation with sick kids, in fact, I am no even sure where it is located. But, for the first time I can remember we just stopped chatting and watched. I was caught off-guard. This is the saddest/most powerful commercial I have seen in a while. I watched it with tears running down my face. It was a commerical for the Sick Kids Believe Foundation. The commercial reminded me of all those operations I had as a kid. All those lovely people who were so wonderful to me. It also made me so grateful that my little girl is so healthy and happy. I usually ignore all charity commericials on television. I don't have a lot to spare, but if there was ever a commericial that made me want to dig into my pockets and donate some money, that was it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the charities that always get to me too. I always try to give a little to one of the children's hospitals close to where I live. Whether it's a commercial or something in the mail, these always hit close to the heart.

Anonymous said...

AWWWW...that is so sad. Always nice when TV makes us aware and we want ot open our hearts more.

Anonymous said...

Very touching...and worth the 'not exactly'. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

Anonymous said...

What a tear jerker!

Anonymous said...

A lot of emotions going on here this morning! The organizations like this get me everytime! I'm up!

Anonymous said...

Sick Children and always heartbreaking! I hope the commercials were effective in their aim.

Anonymous said...

Our local children's hospital here has a program where the Christians volunteer to take over the shifts for those wanting to spend Hanukkah with their families and the Jewish volunteer to take over shifts so Christians can spend time with their families for Christmas. It is always a great and rewarding time of year to spend at the hospital. Toys For Tots always come by with great goodies and the kids are so inspirational.

I'm short on spare change myself, but this did get me to thinking; "No money is okay and why don't I stop by there on any other time of the year. Even if only to read a children's story to a special child.

Anonymous said...

Having 2 well children myself along with 2 well grandchildren, it's times like this that I catch myself taking too much for granted. Thanks for the wake-up call.

Thanks for coming to visit today and have a great Wednesday :)

Anonymous said...

sick children always make me sad... very touchy, tc, off to visit that site. Happy ww, anyways :)

Anonymous said...

Having spent many hours/days/weeks - months in a Children's ward with my Friends little girl - (she was in the hospital from October until August 10 months straight!) I know how much they need money - and how much those donations really do make a difference.

Those commericals would make me cry.

Anonymous said...

Boy, they really know how to get to you!

Twitter