Mar 4, 2019

New and Yummy

I tried a new vegan recipe today.  I put it together from a rice dish I used to make.  I made this sauce and served it mixed with vegetables and pasta.  I can see so many variations on this.  My family LOVED it.  I doubled it and they polished off a huge pot within half an hour.

Yummy Yummy Sauce

2 TBSP vegan margarine
2 - 3 Tbsp flour
2 cups vegetable stock
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
garlic powder to taste
salt & black pepper

Melt the margarine in a small pan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, and salt & pepper to taste.  Bring to a simmer and let cook until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the nutritional yeast and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and taste to adjust salt & pepper. Season with Garlic powder to taste. Combine with rice or pasta, and or vegetables, and sauce. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Twitter