Sep 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen--Things I've learned


Thirteen Things TC has learned from Little Princess
  1. When Little Princess has to go potty she has to go IMMEDIATELY.
  2. When you make a new and wonderful change to improve Little Princess's room, she will only see different and promptly demand you, "PUT IT BACK!"
  3. I can be conned by a Four year old when she throws her arms around me when she thinks she is in trouble. I can start out with good intentions but when she does that there are times, I let her con me into not being upset any more.
  4. It is possible for a child to prefer carrots to cookies and for her to love fish sticks one day and gag on them the next.
  5. It is possible to share a single serving of soup with Little Princess as long as you eat all the "stuff" and she gets all the broth.
  6. It is impossible to make a dinner every day that will please Little princess and Prince Charming and I.
  7. A Child can be up all night singing in her room and still get up at the crack of dawn and knock on your door for breakfast.
  8. Your heart will not explode with love even though it feels like it sometimes when Little Princess insists on cuddling on the couch for no reason.
  9. When there comes a day, you child prefers to hug you than kiss you. Don't assume it is your breath. This new development apparently applies evenly to everyone.
  10. When your child is sick it is possible for her to love you and want you exclusively one moment and then decide that you are the enemy and she prefers daddy the next minute. Don't panic, her allegiances will switch later and he will be left out in the cold.
  11. Nothing is sweeter than a daddy and his daughter. Period.
  12. New clothes stay new for about as long as it takes for you to get her dressed and out the door.
  13. Puddles have an irresistable pull to a small child, who will jump in them with joy and the cry when she realizes that she is wet.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a typial little Princess. Glad she likes healthy eating.

Anonymous said...

overall, it sounds like you've had good lessons. :)

Anonymous said...

it's amazing how they wait until the LAST.POSSIBLE.SECOND. to pee!!

Anonymous said...

AWE!!! Too sweet. I love it. Makes me sad that mine are so much older.

Thanks so much for the visit. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty normal at your house. Just remember who has to be the adult.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my food triggers.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on #7...I could put my son to bed at 3am and he would still be up at 7:30 wanting his bowl of cereal!

Btw, my 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

I love your list! Brings back memories of when my daughter, who is now a Mom of 4, was little.

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

You are so right about 6 and 11.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Anonymous said...

Number 11 is so true!

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my house! One time I had left overs, for me , something different for my husband, and the kids all had something different. It's only happened once, but I know what you mean! :P
Happy Thursday, TC!

Anonymous said...

Kids tend to teach you alot. at least mine to. The only thing I have yet to learn is patience.

Anonymous said...

12 is so very true!

Happy TT

Andrea
http://doamw.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love #11. I am a "Daddy's Girl!" I have a wonderful dad! :)

Anonymous said...

You will keep learning new stuff as she gets older.

Twitter