Jan 3, 2006

Muddles Musings.

Well the dust has settled, everyone is back to their normal routines. We are all going back to our normal mundane activities of work, laundry, kids, cleaning, cooking and all that exciting stuff. Are you glad to be back to normal? Do you miss the chaotic excitement of the holiday season or are you ready for it all to end?

On some level, I guess, I am glad to get back to normal. I am not a party, party, party kind of girl. But once it is over it is just back to winter. Back to dull, grey, skies. Back to slippery sidewalks. Back to weeks on end only talking to Prince Charming and my four year old daughter. And while I love her dearly, a she is not my idea of the perfect conversationalist at all times. (Don't ever THINK about interrupting Doodlebops when they come on and for heavens sake don't put her to bed without her lovey).

Every year, I feel it at some point in the winter. Like a caterpillar, I want to withdraw into my cocoon, all snuggly safe in my room until winter is over and the sun is warm and bright and I am happy as I feel its warmth carressing my skin. I want to not see any more bills I have to juggle, I want to not hear from any more grouchy grandps's, I want to not feel a pull to do all that housework I have no desire to do.

I want it to be different. I want to be happy, happy, joy, joy all the time. I want to run outside and make snowmen and revel in the beauty of it and come in and enjoy a nice warm cup of hot chocolate (or diet hot chocolate for the dieter in me). All winter is a battle. Some days I am on the winning side the battle, some days I am on the losing side. Today, I guess I am leaning towards the losing side. Tomorrow, I will wake up, do my housework, play with my baby, go to the store and revel in the fact that when we get a car, I will not be trapped in this house, in these four walls and that hopefully, I won't want to be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you because although our winter is beautiful and mild and a good time of the year, we get tired of the overabundant heat in the summer time. It seems as if it will never end and we get to the point where we just want it to cool off already. So, it's different, but it's not so different. So I sympathize!

Anonymous said...

We don't a Doodlebop problem here...instead it's a Dora problem. My son just loves the show and he can't be interupted till it's over! Heehee!!!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, TC. It will get better. Meanwhile, enjoy what you can do without a car. I know its hard. Things will come if you want them bad enough and it seems you want it bad enough! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

If I could just get all the Christmas decorations put away, I'd feel like I was back to normal.

Anonymous said...

I would be happy with only 3 seasons every year... spring, summer and fall... I can't stand cold weather nor winter myself. When I retire one day in the far away future, it will be somewhere where it is warm and sunny year round! (I hope...lol)

Twitter