Feb 4, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Have I described (what could be loosely described as) my neighborhood to you? Well let me do so now. My backyard has a balcony, a shed, a firepit and a forest . . . yes a forest! My front yard has at least a dozen trees and across the road is more trees. I have a neighbor on one side and a neighbor across the street and then no one for as far as you can see on my other side. There are about 5 houses that I can see from the end of my driveway and that is it. My house had wooden siding and it really feels like I am living in a cabin in the woods. I LOVE it. I love looking out at the snow on the trees (as long as I am nice and warm inside). I love the idea of my kids being so far from everyone as they play.

I have to tackle Princess Belle's room sometime soon. She is a walking hurricane. And as soon as I step outside the door to her room, it will be a disaster again, but I have to at least give it a shot. I am trying to think of ways to make it better but I have no idea on what I can do to make her less inclined to disasterize her room the second she hits it. Anyone have any ideas? I have some great things here to decorate her room and we had a lot of fun picking things out for her.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a nice area. :) I love country settings like that.

http://scrapgrrl.com

Crazy Working Mom said...

Your neighborhood sounds awesome. :)

I have no suggestions other than to get rid of some of the things that you know she doesn't play with a lot, or things that are broken, etc. We had this problem with ours before Christmas and we cleaned out their toy boxes and it seemed to alleviate some of the mess.

Twitter